Sunday, November 11, 2007

I don't like that spooky!


This is Katie when she went to the pumpkin patch with her preschool. Her teachers take a picture of each of the kids in front of the pumpkins. Usually each kid smiles and proudly shows the pumpkin they have chosen to purchase. But not my child. She was afraid of something in the distance-(She said there was a monster there and according to the words written on the board in the picture- she was right!) and they couldn't get her to smile. I think her teacher felt bad, but I think it is a great picture. We have plenty of pictures of her smiling, but this is our first one of her looking scared. What great mother I am that I delight in my kids fears!:) Often during the Hallowen season when she saw something that scared her she would say, "I don't like that spooky."

5 comments:

Julie said...

2 days in a row...look at you go!

Natalie said...

Again with the laughing outloud. So so funny...it hurts

Lisa said...

Kari-I don't know if you remember me or not. I'm from Julie's ward. Your blog is HILARIOUS! I love reading it. I'd love to invite you to mine, can I get your email?

Lisa

JayKo said...

I appreciated your comment on my blog! When I read it a phrase came to mind: "Birds of a feather flock together." I'm glad Natalie's dating someone with an IQ above 70 too! Thanks for Saturday, it was a lot of fun, I especially liked ditching the flute recital early!

Kelly said...

OK Kari - I need your email. This is not an efficient way to communicate! Ryan Halverson was a cutie patootie. But I was totally dating my now husband at the time so he never even had a chance. I remember that poem! It said something about my "celestial hair". :) I kept that table tent for a long time because I was so flattered that someone would write a poem about me! Did you ever date him? My email is kelly@thinktankcc.com. Feel free to email me anytime. Oh - and I need Julie's too.