Tuesday, August 12, 2008

"Mom, take a picture of us and put it on your blog."




That is what Annie and Katie said to me when they found big glasses in our dress- up box. They said they are lawyers working at their desks. Oh-kay!?! But I thought I would indulge them and put them on my blog. They love to see pictures of themselves on the computer. And no they are not the glasses I had when I was 13. Although if you want to see those glasses click here. But I do have a funny story related to big glasses. Yesterday I was making breakfast and somehow me having boyfriends came up in the conversation I was having with my kids. Annie was shocked that I had boyfriends and I assured I had them before I married dad. She wanted the particulars and wanted to know how old I was when I had a boyfriend. I told her I was in my twenties. Then she asked if I had a boyfriend in high school. I told no I didn't. Finn looked at me slyly and said, "Is that because you had big glasses?" I beg your pardon- no that is not the reason! I just didn't want to be fettered by a boy. At least that is what my parents and Young Women's leaders told me!

11 comments:

Thelissa said...

ALL of this is funny. And the picture of you in the 7th grade...priceless.

Unknown said...

That is a funny story! Your kids crack me up.

And how you document your experience with them is even funnier!

Natalie said...

Tell Annie, that her Auntie was just like her Mom. I didn't have many boyfriends either (then again I didn't go "buck wild" (according to Finn) in college either). I was one of the girls from Hillcrest Jr. High. The girls from Riverview Jr High had big boobs and the girls from Hillcrest had big...smiles. No joke, the boys told us that. I'm pretty sure I'll be one of the girls from Hillcrest forever....

Anonymous said...

Just one question--What does fettered mean?!

SevenVillageIdiarts said...

When the time is right, you can explain that plenty of boys liked you. For example, all the boys I LIKED!! Carter Swift, Damian Idiart, etc. etc. . . you just had better taste, apparently, ha, ha

youreprettytoo said...

Fettered means held down, chained to or shackled by. Missy couldn't you use your context clues to figure that one out!?!

Julie said...

I am a girl from Hillcrest Jr. High too...forever. Your girls are so funny. And Finn has got you all figured out.

Lori said...

Another great story. Never stop blogging!

Jennifer Never said...

I can't tell you how much I love it when I come to your blog and Charlie Daniels is playing! "I done told you once you son-of-a-"gun" I'm the best that's ever been." Oh yeah!! And then I get to read your funny stories. Force commenting on your blog?...Impossible.

Jennifer Never said...

Also...What does your shirt with the rainbow on it from 7th grade say? something Me a Rainbow??...As cute as a rainbow? Take me over the rainbow?

youreprettytoo said...

Jen- that makes me laugh about the music you hear when you come to my blog. Sometimes I forget about my music because it annoys me when I'm trying to read so i mute the sound. Also my shirt says "Color me a Rainbow." Like I said in the post this picture was taken before the rainbow became the symbol for the gay rights movement. I think my mom was Stake YW President during this girls' camp and I'm pretty sure the rainbow had something to do with the YW values. Each color represented a value and I;m sure there were various activities corresponding to a value that we completed and then got to "color" in part of our rainbow. I don't really have that great of a memory to remember girls' camp from when I was 13, but I do know my mother and that is right up her alley!