Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Fun with Vegetables

Ok -so I am a little obsessed about what comes out of my garden and how I use it. Besides the aforementioned zucchini, we also have a bountiful harvest of some pretty gnarly squash. I have made some things with this squash, but my kids have found a much more entertaining use for it. If you have ever seen the TV show "Whose line is it anyway?" you know about a sketch where the comedians take turns using props in different ways. Now picture that with squash and you've got just one example of how my kids entertained themselves this summer!



"Hey, batter, batter- Suh-wing Batter."


You may have heard of the elusive jack-a-lope, but we found a new species in our house- the Suz-a-lope.


"Uh- if you'll excuse me, I have to take this call."





Finn's impression of Sherlock Holmes.





"They call me 'Squash'... Double O 'Squash'!"


And of course after a hard day's work as a double gourd secret agent who wouldn't need a vegetable-powered jet pack!

How sweet! It looks like two swans forming a heart!

And of course "Repeat"-pictured has to follow "Pete"-pictured from above.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

yea for me - 1st to comment on the "popular" (next to Julie) blog. Another real funny post. My favorite picture is the suzilope:)

Thelissa said...

Very cute. All of it!

Anonymous said...

Missy, I could send you more pictures from the reunion IF I knew how to email pictures. So.... if you call me and walk me through it I bet I could send them:)

SevenVillageIdiarts said...

Your kids (and squash) are very beautiful. Too bad you can't eat that stuff, it tastes horrible.

Liz said...

I love it....so cute. Very creative kids. Will your kids eat it...mine won't!

Crissy said...

I am so happy your kids are going back to school so you can get a little more adult time! Now, don't get me wrong....I adore each and every one of your kids, but I would love to get together with you, SOON! I love you and I think you should call me when you have a second so we can plan an outing. It has been far too long and I miss you!! XXOO

Mandy said...

I love the pictures. So this has nothing to do with your blog but I thought it was so cool and this is the only way I have to contact you. I met an old roommate of yours from college. She just moved into my ward here in Texas. She asked me where I was from and then asked if I knew you. How cool is that. Her name is Kjirsten Grant. I don't know her maiden name but she said she just loved you. Small world. Just thought I would let you know!

Allison said...

You do have creative kids, and you have a very creative way of describing the pictures. I'll take some zucchini or squash off your hands if you still have it coming out of your ears. Why grow a garden when you can just take your in-law's crop?

Natalie said...

Squash and all its hideous forms....