Friday, August 29, 2008

The Many Fashion moods of Katie

Several posts this summer have been devoted to Katie and since today is her 4th birthday, I thought this post- which has been a long time coming- would be appropriate to celebrate the spirit of our little Katie-bug. She has a very unique spirit that is reflected in her clothing choices. I don't micromanage her attire because it is honestly not worth the fight. So without further adieu I present to you the "personality dressing" of Katie:

Katie is the one on the right hand side of the photo, directing traffic. I included this picture because if you saw Katie at all this summer, she was probably wearing this skirt, even with her patriotic tie-dyed shirt on the 4th of July. No holiday is safe from her fashion sense.


Seriously, does it get any better than finishing off a brownie trifle in your princess dress.



Katie doesn't really buy into the theory of less is more. More is more when it comes to having flowers in your ensemble.What goes better with a dirty white shirt than shorts that are just a shade whiter although probably not less dirty.Pink is a neutral- right?!?Ahh- a classic combination in Katie's wardrobe- pink and purple. The week just isn't complete without some combination of these two colors.

We call this outfit "Desert Sunset Meets A Tiptoe through the Tulips in Hot Pink Clogs."

Also in honor of Katie's 4th birthday I am including some new vocabulary Katie has begun to use.

*"Duh"- as in "Duh, mom! I'm a big girl now. I don't need a sippy cup. Duh."

and

"Actually"- like "Actually mom I don't want macaroni and cheese (after mom has already fixed it, mind you) I want chicken nuggets."

Mom's thought response to this is-"Actually, you'll eat this macaroni cheese because I'm not fixing anything else- duh!"

Really we love our "Katie Kathryn Sara." Our family wouldn't be the same without her.

12 comments:

jbow said...

K your title totally made me laugh! I was talking to a friend and had to tell her the story. I love your blog especially the squash pics. My blog is riches-jbow. See ya Jai-Dee

Thelissa said...

I love it when they start to use words like that. It makes me laugh. Her outfits are so hip! Happy Birthday to her!

Natalie said...

Does it get any better than eating trifle in your princess dress? I submit that it cannot!

Julie said...

So Jax still dresses like Katie. I also love your squash pics. Happy Birthday Katie!!

Kevin Pratt said...

I have always held out hope for Fisher and Katie to hook up some day, but now I know they are MFEO because we are getting ready to go out to dinner in the blazing heat of an August day in Texas and he has on a long-sleeved shirt. He likes to wear coats out to play, too(in the heat and humidity). It's all about fashion and not about comfort. They could pick out outfits together and model for each other. Please can they get married?

SevenVillageIdiarts said...

That kid is adorable, if not part gypsy, DU! I really love that first photo, "directing traffic!"

Liz said...

See looks just like you....I so adore the outfits. All my family (including color-blind Bill) think that every kind of green goes with other shades of green. It drives me nuts!

Anonymous said...

I just want to know what fashion mood was mom and nanny in when they took that picture on her comments?

Trisha Jensen said...

Your family is too cute. We miss seeing you guys more. I love that she is all fire! President Monson said that this generation is full of big spirits crushed into tiny bodies...that's why their personality is so strong. She is just too darn cute. And you are a fabulous mom to just love her in all her glory! ;)Wanna come out to Denver for Thanksgiving??? Think about it! :)

Lori said...

Your children are the best. They are so fun and full of life. Katie is delightful! I also loved your squash pictures.

Lori said...

Okay, I was on Michelle's blog and loved seeing the pictures of you as a kid!! I always wondered who your children looked like, but that picture of just you and Michelle looks just like Katie! Good luck with getting the missionaries off in the next few weeks.

Kamille said...

So funny. I can't believe how long her hair is gotten. She is beautiful, but I'm not surprised.