Friday, March 14, 2008

When snacks go bad...


When it comes to having snacks in my house, I try to buy healthy ones that my kids will still enjoy. I'm not a snack nazi or anything, but I figure they get enough candy and crap everywhere else they go- so I have things like yogurt, cheese, nuts, popcorn, etc. I even will have chips, pudding and cookies. I just don't stock up on a lot of soda and candy. Anyway-I came home the other day, after being gone in the evening, and this is what I found:



Yes, that is a spoon in a can of uncooked Stove Top Stuffing. My detective skills tell me someone has been enjoying a very dry, very crunchy, very savory snack. Maybe it was because someone's dad didn't fix dinner. But I wasn't right about that. It really was a snack that Annie found in the cupboard and thought was tasty. Ewww- why don't you have some dry pasta and bread dough to go with it?!? Or any of the other crackers or cookies or even cereal that fill the cupboard! This is another "snack" that I often find my kids enjoying:



So weird! And here is my favorite snack remnant I also found that evening when I returned home:




Katie had some how managed to eat the middle of the bread without breaking the crust and thought it would make a nice door hangar. If I've said it before, I've said it a thousand times- It's a good thing my children have a mother. Then at least they can have a little jam on their bread or enjoy some cooked stuffing!

15 comments:

Kate said...

So funny.

Anonymous said...

Missy this is lol stuff. see how I'm really into blogging now- I know what lol means:)Oh, and also it is one of my favorite things when I come to your blog and there is a new post because I always lol!!

Kelly said...

That's awesome. My kids love to eat uncooked spaghetti. I find little spaghetti shrapnel all over the house because when they bite it, it splinters into a thousand pieces. Kids are funny.

Jennica said...

That bread made me start laughing out loud. Now that is funny.

Jennifer Never said...

There is nothing wrong with snacking on those La Choy dried noodles, and I have actually thrown a can in the garbage can because I couldn't stop. I love reading about your kids because they are cool.

Thelissa said...

Oh man...this is good stuff. I remember eating those Chinese noodles things too. The bread on the door knob is so funny!

Kerry said...

That bread is awesome! You should send the picture to Martha Stewart so she can add a new product to her line... :)

Unknown said...

Wow! How long were you gone? Starving children digging through Stove Top dressing and leaving bread crusts hanging on door knobs! LOL!! I bet that made you feel needed :)

Julie said...

I was laughing outloud and startled Trent since its midnight. I tried to show him your tasty treats, but he didn't think your blog was important enough to get up and walk 5 feet. I think your kids are hilarious and you are too for taking the picture of the cute doorhanger

Wayne said...

No one has updated their blogs in my family so I'm back to stalking on yours...

Anyway, I think raw chow mein noodles are good. Raw Top Ramen is another one of my favorites!

Tamra said...

So funny. The image of bread hanging on a door knob is forever ingrained in my brain. Making my kids lunch will forever make me smile now as I think of redecorating with bread. Thanks that made me laugh.

Kamille said...

So funny. The black door is beautiful too. I love your hardware. My husband snack on dry macaroni noodles. He is trying to teach it to my kids. I keep hiding them hoping I can break the cycle.

SevenVillageIdiarts said...

I love the bread. . .I love when kids make glasses out of it, too. . .a little unsanitary, but cute. . .I hope you're going to post again soon, it's not fair to your fans that you have an outside life, outside of THE BLOG. . .S

Anonymous said...

missy, i tagged you a while ago and you never did it. there you have another topic for seven village idiarts to come read. now get going!!!

SevenVillageIdiarts said...

I went to your sis's blog and saw photos of your cute family and now I see why you haven't graced us with a new entry. . .a wedding takes up a lot of time, so I forgive you, but you'd better get back on the horse soon, I'm addicted and there is no KA around here (Kari annonymous) Did I spell all that stuff right? OK, love you, Sarah