Sunday, March 23, 2008

Drinking from a fire hydrant


Have you ever felt like your life is like drinking from a fire hydrant? Well, that is how this week was for me. Which is part of the reason I haven't blogged in a long time. Here is a list of the major events I had this week along with any corresponding pictures I may have been able to take:
*My sister Natalie and J.J. got married.




*Annie had her 1st grade clown program that we had to make a life-size paper clown of her for. And I played the piano for it.




*Had my 11th wedding anniversary.

*Visit from some out of town friends that we haven't seen in over a year.

*Celebrated Finn's 9th birthday


*Easter egg hunts, BBQs, baskets and planned Easter sharing time for Primary.


Really could I have any more major life events in one week! And that list doesn't include all the laundry to be done and meals to be fixed and the occasional toilet that needs to be scrubbed. Plus I threw in 2 doctors appointments, had 2 sisters-in-law's birthdays to remember and nursed 2 major migraines. As fun as this week has been- I'm glad its over. I was feeling quite proud of all I had accomplished until I went to my aunt's house tonight for a family easter dinner and scavenger hunt. Here I found out that my cousin and his wife had hosted a neighborhood easter egg hunt yesterday where they hid 1200 eggs in 15 yards in their neighborhood. They also had special prizes for certain eggs and organized a breakfast after the hunt. Then my cousin-in-law still had time to make herself a darling easter skirt- that's right I said MAKE. It really looked like it could have come right off the rack from Nordstrom's. And then today this same couple created an incredibly complex scavenger hunt for the adults at the family Easter dinner. (Its a long story, but my family always does an adult scavenger hunt on easter that my cousin makes. There are no prizes if your team wins- just bragging rights. They always involve the ability to use both halves of your brain - like being able to understand trajectory and knowing the names of broadway musicals. Last year's involved a number of Sudoku puzzles that he made up. Seriously- this cousin is brilliant. I felt quite guilty about using my Sunday to take a nap when he uses his to think of ways to help his family members create new pathways in their brains by making them think so much.) Anyway I came away from that dinner with a thought that my sister says all the time- "Hey, where are my talents?!?" :) I think I'm going to stop now- I feel another migraine coming on....

6 comments:

SevenVillageIdiarts said...

OOOoooh! I'm the first to comment! I am so thrilled to hear from you again, I was having withdrawls, and also, I forgive you for not posting, you have been very busy! You are amazing, you can't compare yourself to someone who obviously doesn't sleep, EVER (your cousin!) You have a really cool family.

Julie said...

So I guess the migraine you felt coming on the day of your anniversary didn't go away?? I am so sorry. You are supermom in my book with lots of talents. Your cousin...I just don't know what to say about them... smart and creative...ugh!

Thelissa said...

Wow, rough week. I do not envy! Hang in there and when all else fails, eat chocolate.

Liz said...

I'm surprised you're alive after a week like that. Here's hoping for a quieter week this week!

Adventurous Housewife said...

Taking a nap is just what you deserved after a week like the one you had. I know I took one on Sunday. I think naps help create pathways in the brain too. Keep up the posting. I love them.

Unknown said...

Yea, but does your cousin have the amazing kissing lips that you do?! Don't hide your talents under a bushel, Kari!! :)