Sunday, March 23, 2008

My kind of challenge-

The Self Portrait Truthiness Project.A bunch of women, bloggers, mothers, professionals and friends taking pictures of themselves right as they roll out of bed. No makeup.No combs.No makeup.No toothbrushes.(Yes "No makeup" is on there twice...some women I know need to be told twice.)Being honest and real in a way that we rarely are even with our closest girlfriends who live just down the street. Why as women do we care so deeply if someone sees us without our makeup? Why do we base how well our day goes on how good our hair looks rather than how bright the sun is shining?


I copied this from Julie's blog and thought it was great. Since I have already put out a picture of me at 13 years old, this is a piece of cake.

The best thing about this picture is that is wasn't even taken first thing in the morning- it was 11:45am! I know I look like I am yawning, but I am opening my mouth to try to keep my eyes open. The flash on my camera makes me close my eyes and this was the best I could do after several takes. Don't hate me because I'm beautiful.

Now I just want to see what the rest of you have got!

6 comments:

Jennifer Never said...

I know the flash on my camera about blinded me!!!! Way to go Kari. You are beautiful! I love it.

Julie said...

Your picture kicks mine to the curb. I'll have to do it again and one up you. "I'm uglier than you!!"

Thelissa said...

Yeah, I don't think I am going to do this one... These are family blogs and I don't want to scare and of the little ones! Seriously. Not pretty. You one the other hand look great! Love the shot!

louisa said...

Kari,
Your blog is awesome. I am so proud to be your relative, although your "morning photo" looks must come from the Robbins side. Love ya!

Kamille said...

Umm - did you get a haircut? Has it been that long since I've seen you or does it just look completely different in the morning?

Tamra said...

You are pretty too. Way to go. I could do the no make up picture, but I would have to shower first, just cant do it without the shower.