Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Tag- 7 unique things about myself:

1.- I have a freakish ability to remember phone numbers. I can remember every phone number I have ever had. Eric will often ask me a phone number before looking it up anywhere. Weird- I know, but you have to admit- unique!
2.- I was born cross-eyed. I had surgery when I was 1 to correct them, but when I get tired my eyes tend to wander. My sister thinks this is hilarous to point out. Right after I had Suzie a little neighbor boy was at our door wanting to see her. I was still in my post-delivery haze and was very tired. As he was talking to me he stopped and asked, "I can't tell- are you looking at me?" My sister couldn't stop laughing at this story.
3.- I had "Jungle Fever" as a teenager. No-this wasn't some rare disease that ran rampant in the South- My first kiss and Junior Prom date was Juan Daniels- although his name sounds Mexican, he was a tall, dark, handsome African American. "Jungle Fever" was a popular movie out during that time about a black and white relationship.
4.- When I make my list out for the grocery store I will write things down on my list in the order I find them in the grocery store. For example I write all the bread products down first because that is the first aisle I go down. If you have read my post "Stuck in 7th grade" you probably thought I couldn't get any geekier, but alas you are wrong. I think I have reached a whole new level of nerdiness with that little nugget of information.
5.- I have never been to a tanning bed and being in my early 30's I see no reason to start now.
6 - I once had a guy friend in college tell me, "You know you're the kind of person someone could pick their wedgie out in front of." Compliments don't get any higher than this my friends!
7.- When I was little I use to try and eat things off my plate in alphabetical order. Again...maybe there are certain parts of my brain I shouldn't let other people into...hmmm.....
Tag- you're it!

9 comments:

Liz said...

I can also do the phone number thing....strange, yet cool!

amberjill said...

holy crap Kari!! I always look forward to new posts from you! You are hilarious, and unique, of course!!

Lisa said...

Seriously, could you be any funnier? I love your list! I forgot, I can do the phone number thing also. Joe calls me a human rolodex!

Anonymous said...

I don't really have anything funny to say although I did know all that about you. The wandering eyes in front of the little boy still makes me laugh out loud:)

Crissy said...

Ok. All I have to say is you are like the human onion. Everytime I think I have you figured out, there are another 2 layers~And I love EVERY ONE of them. We definitely need to go to lunch soon. Call me. Love you. Really? Eating alphabetically?? XXOO

Unknown said...

I think I peed a little bit when I read the part about your wandering eye.

Kelly said...

Was it Ryan H. who told you he could pick a wedgie out in front of you???

Julie said...

That was awesome. Tonight at Cooking Club I would like you to go cross-eyed for me.

youreprettytoo said...

It wasn't Ryan H., but a friend of both of ours- Brandon Jones. Did you know him Kelly?