Sunday, May 10, 2009

Partied like I was having a mid-life crisis!

Yep! That's what I did last night and this is who I did it with:
In case you can't tell who this is- its Eagles-early 70s rock band who each band member went on to have fairly successful solo careers until they reunited in 1994. Thank you Wikipedia.

And I must say there are a few things that surprised me about this whole event. First of all these guys didn't look nearly as cool and suave last night as they do in this picture. They looked like they had just finished a day of working in the yard and then decided they would go put on a concert for thousands of people. They looked seriously old. At one point one guitar player, Joe Walsh, looked extremely confused like he was either low on oxygen or high on something else. But I have learned- again Wikipedia- that he is a teetotaller. Which means he practices the practice and promotion of abstinence from alcohol. And guess what- same-same! I am a teetotaller too. But I didn't realize it had such a cool name and I'm pretty sure Joe Walsh hasn't been one his whole life- like myself. Which is one of the reasons why I could only party like I was having a mid-life crisis as opposed to partying like an early, twenty-something who doesn't know who she is! Anyway- once I got past the fact that they looked like they had current subscriptions to AARP and that they dressed like my Dad- I realized they still put on a good show. Not that I have ever been to their concert before- I mean c'mon I was in diapers during the height of their popularity- but I was amazed at the number of their songs I knew very well. It was interesting to see the range in ages of the people there- people I could have taught in elementary school, people who could be my parents or grandparents and people who teach my daughter in preschool-(That's a little shout-out to Katie's preschool teacher-Ms. Lorie who we saw on the FRONT ROW with her husband! I'm pretty sure she had been to one of their concerts before.) Anyway it was a fun and entertaining concert to attend and thanks to Amber who helped me release my inner fifty year old!

8 comments:

amberjill said...

anytime Kari! Just scream and let it out! Then....inhale deeply! :)

Kamille said...

Go Kari!!! Woot Woot!! Jeff and I were making fun of all the old people we saw making their way to the concert. Glad to know they had some smokin' hot fans too.

Natalie said...

Did you get loopy off the second hand doobies?
As Julie so eloquently put it,
"Breathe in, this is your only chance."

p.s. I'm still waiting for you to do a post on OUR celeb sighting. elbowelbownudgenudgewinkwinkchucklechuckle :)

Kevin Pratt said...

I went to this, too! I didn't know if I'd really like it but I thought it was awesome. I also agree with your comment about how they looked....old and haggard!!! But they can still sing. They were sold out in Houston for two nights but the second night was canceled due to Hurricane Ike (luckily we went the first night:))

Anonymous said...

wikipedia!! Ah-ha! Now I'll be able to keep up with you and use words like (oh man, what's the name of that new word I told you that means having no teeth?)

Liz said...

Nothing like the Hotel California to keep you feeling young!

Kamille said...

I know I already commented here but I just scrolled down to the videos of Suzie and laughed my head off. That was great!!!

Julie said...

She enhaled, I am pretty sure! Love the Eagles. Thanks for inviting me :)