Saturday, November 1, 2008

Nothing says the day after Halloween like....

1. A Happy Birthday Shout-Out to Mama Missy. Today is her birthday and she is very, very far away but we want her to know we love her and miss her. When we were little we would often make her "candy-grams" ("What's a candy-gram? I want one!"- Name that movie. If you really don't know, I will make one for you!) for her birthday with our Halloween candy. It was cute the first time we did it, but after a few years she got mad at my dad for letting us continue to make them. I suppose she wanted something a little more thoughtful and not just our sloppy-seconds from trick-or treating. Gosh- who does she think she is- the one who gave us birth or something?!? But I am guessing she would give anything for a hand delivered candy-gram from any one of us right now! I tried to find a fun silly picture of her to post with this, but I couldn't so I settled for this one of her with her several of her favorite people- her grandkids!



2. Grandpa and Grandma Pumpkins smiling without their dentures! Their lighted candle days are numbered, but they don't seem to mind.



I don't know why I think this so funny, but I do!


3. Posting of the kids' Halloween photos. Here are the cast of characters that will soon be added to our dress-up box.


Jack Sparrow

In my humble, unbiased opinion, Johnny Depp has nothing on this Jack Sparrow.

Sharpay
I loved telling people what Annie was going to be for Halloween- especially if they hadn't seen "High School Musical." They would look at me with a questioning look and say, "Sharpay- like the dog or the pen?" But if you know my daughter at all and have seen "High School Musical", it shouldn't surprise you in the least that "Sharpay" is the character Annie wanted to be.


Belle and a Ladybug.
Katie had insisted on being Sleeping Beauty for Halloween for most of October, but then she called a last minute audible- my husband should be extremely impressed with my correct usage of football terms- and decided she had to be Belle. Thank goodness for Aunt Jessica who had a Belle costume she could wear and have no less! And the Ladybug was completely enamored with the whole concept of Halloween once she figured it out.

4. Checking out everyone else's blogs for photos of their kiddos on Halloween. I think I'll go do that right now!

8 comments:

Thelissa said...

They all look cute,but that Sharpay is the best. She looks so great!

Julie said...

Your kids look great...and your right, Finn does look much handsomer than Johnny Depp!

Unknown said...

Great pictures of the kids! They all look cute, but I think my favortie is Sharpay--I love it!

I'm with you on the humor of the pumpkins. I love when carved pumpkins start to shrink. It looks hilarious!

mama missy said...

Amen to the hand delivered "candy-gram" left over or whatever. Ohhh now I see why Sharpay is soooo Annie. Finn is definitely the most handsome Jack Sparrow and I loved my Belle and lady-bug!!!

Finn said...

The movie is Elf, now what do I get, a candy gram?

SevenVillageIdiarts said...

Your kids are dang cute. But your pumpkins are ready to be thrown in the road.

Natalie said...

Annie looks nothing like a black permanent pen, ....that's kind of embarassing.

Anonymous said...

Oh Nanny, you're so funny! It would have been funny to make a candy gram and call mom and show it to her. That would've been great!