Friday, November 21, 2008

A Peacock's Dance Debut

Katie has been patiently watching Annie in her dance classes for three years and now it is finally her turn to wear a fancy costume, put on makeup and dance on the "big" stage. She calls her costume a "peacock" dress. I'm not sure why. It may be because of the color or maybe because of the big plume like skirt. Either way she loves it. This video is her class practicing with their costumes for the performance in December. And since my parents won't be here for that, this video is mainly for their benefit. But if anyone else happens to watch it also , please know that Katie didn't get her skipping skills from my side of the family!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, that was just awesome:) It makes me wish I had a crazy Katie of my own that I could come watch in dance class! Nice peacock dress!

Liz said...

True talent.....love it! So cute!

Thelissa said...

Now, I mean this in a very sweet, endearing way, rather than making fun ... She skips like I imagine a cowboy would skip. :) Just a little bull-legged. VERY CUTE!

Julie said...

I personally think Katie has mad skipping skills and if you were smart you would claim them as your own.

Tebbs Times said...

HOW CUTE!!! I love her mad skipping skilz!!!

mama missy said...

Tell Katie I LOOOOVE her peacock dress, her skipping and most of all HER!

SevenVillageIdiarts said...

So adorable!! This ALMOST made me want another little girl, just to enroll her in a dance class. I'll just open your blog and watch yours if I get the urge.

Lori said...

What a cutie! Gwen and I loved the video and we love Katie!

kto1s said...

Well, then bless Eric for passing on that skipping gene, because it is priceless!!

Natalie said...

Props goes to the Itty Bit. Skipping skills and all.