I'm a sucker for these things. . .
1.Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper, but after recently unpacking all my wrapping paraphenalia- I never need to buy another gift bag.
2. Real or artificial tree? Artificial. Going out and getting a real one sounds a lot like having children- it sounds great but it honestly is a lot of work.
3. When do you put up the Christmas tree? Well my children wanted to put it up right after all of our Thanksgiving guests left the house, but their Ebenezer Scrooge mother made them wait until the next day.
4. When do you take the tree down? Usually during the first week of January
5. Do you like eggnog?- Does it have syrup in it? Then YES!
6. Favorite gift received as a child?- Hands down my red moped. Actually I had to share it with my sister, but it was extremely uncharacteristic for my parents to have gotten this for us.
7. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, 3- all given to me or made by my mother.
8. Hardest person to buy for? My dad, its not that he has everything- its just that he wants for nothing!
9. Easiest person to buy for? My kids- its not that they have everything- they just want for everything!
10. Mail or email Christmas- Mail- come on now- email cards for Christmas are lame- no offense Quinton- (Only my family will get that comment!)
11.Favorite Christmas Movie- as has already been quoted above- "Elf", but "A Christmas Story" is a very close contender.
12. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I start thinking about it in September, but I don't do any hardcore shopping until after Thanksgiving.
13. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?- Uh.. yeah! Although you are not privy to the details like who and what!
14. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas time? Thing, thing! How about things- plural, my man- plural! I like it all- especially those little small appetizers like stuffed mushrooms or shrimp cocktail that you can eat without feeling like you are eating a lot.
15. Clear or colored lights on the tree?- I'm a purist- clear!
16. Favorite Christmas Song?- Handel's "Messiah"- I conduct a mean symphony- just ask my sister.
17. Travel or stay at home? Everyone we love the most lives within 15 miles- so we like to travel- just kidding- stay at home of course!
18. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Yes
19. Angel or star on the top of the tree?- Actually star hanging right above it.
20.Open presents Christmas Eve or morning? We open one on Christmas Eve and the rest Christmas morning
21.Most annoying thing about this time of year? Listening to Neil Diamond and Barbara Streisand sing Christmas songs. They're both Jewish and its not about faith- its just about the all-mighty dollar!
22. What I love most about Christmas? It is hard to put that all into one sentence. I love it all, but mostly the spirit of giving and love and family- the spirit charity- the spirit of Christ.
23. Does Santa wrap or leave gifts unwrapped for the kids? All wrapped of course. How can Santa work herself into her Christmas morning headahce haze if all the gifts aren't wrapped?!?
24.What do you find in your stocking each year? An orange, those tubes of candy like m&m's, socks, batteries and usually a small toy
25. What is your tradition on Christmas eve? We usually have dinner with Eric's family with all kinds of yummy food. Then we go to my Aunt and Uncles house and sing Christmas Carols. Then we turn off the lights except for a few candles and quietly wait for Santa to come. He comes in and leaves presents for all the kids. But if you make a noise Santa gets scared and quickly leaves. But he's not heartless and usually comes back to finish the job. Then when he is done it is a free-for-all. There are a lot of great-grandkids now so there is a lot of unwrapping all at once. It is a magical night- my favorite of the year!
Thursday, December 13, 2007
I'm a sucker for these things. . .
Posted by youreprettytoo at 9:12 PM