Sunday, December 16, 2007

Charlie Brown Gingerbread House

I'm sure you've heard of the Charlie Brown Christmas tree, well my kids created the Charlie Brown gingerbread house at our neighborhood Christmas Party this weekend. While other kids were carefully placing candies in evenly spaced rows of red and green, my kids were throwing mints at the sides of the house to see if they would stick. While other kids were creating sidewalks with licorice rope, my kids were whipping their licorice ropes around their heads and then dangling them from the roof of the gingerbread house- which I can only assume was their "interpretation" of icicles. To say the least it is modge-podge of candy and icing, but they had a good time and that is what counts. I'm not the kind of mom who tries to micro-manage their fun. I know you are dying to know what the finished product looks like. Here it is



And here are the little artists making their masterpiece. After looking at this picture I have come to 3 conclusions-1) I am an expert at picking just the right moment to take a picture. 2) They don't look like they are having that much fun and 3) I don't micro-manage Annie's clothing choices. Doesn't mint green and orange say "Merry Christmas."

Also I have to include a funny conversation I had with Annie today.

Annie:"How do you spell was?"

Mom: "W-a-s"

Annie: "It's not w-u-s."

Mom: "No, its w-a-s."

Annie: "Oooohhh! Well that explains a lot."

Glad I could help!

3 comments:

Julie said...

She is so much smarter than you.

Jennifer Never said...

Your kids are so cool. They did a great job on that house, and you did a great job of letting THEM do it!! Next year I'm sending my Christmas cards out in July. No...then people will forget. Maybe November 1.

Kevin Pratt said...

I was just telling my husband tonight that I really don't like(i said hate) making sugar cookies or gingerbread houses. They never turn out as well as you think they will. We are going to a party this weekend where they apparently have a "full-on" gingerbread house contest. We are going to make ours into a tree house with paper mache tree underneath. I will post pics on my site later. I love reading your stuff...and we don't live within 15 miles of you so you obviously don't consider us among those you love best. Too bad.