Saturday, March 6, 2010

March Arrivals

There are a few things that are making their appearance in March that need mentioning.

First-place arrival- I am an aunt for the 18th time! Here is a picture of my sisters's 6TH BOY!

Charlie Paulsen Wood
Does she and her husband ever produce some manly babies or what? He looks very much like all his brothers and he is very cute, but not a very pretty baby! Don't worry- my sister was the first to say this. And all her boys are extremely handsome. I'm feeling so guilty about saying he is not a pretty baby that I have to include a picture of all her boys in case you don't know her.

When my sister found out she was having another boy, I think I was more shocked than she was. She had had a very distinct dream about a little, blonde girl in a pink sleeper even before she was pregnant with Charlie. I also have had a distinct dream about a little dark-haired girl who looks like Eric when I was pregnant with Katie. So since all my girls have very-red hair and all Michelle's children have very manly parts and faces, we have decided that her blonde-haired pink adorned little girl and my dark-haired female Eric are off playing together in the clouds. Just don't expect any appearances any time soon. They must be grand-daughters or something!

Tied for first place arrival in March:

These people are coming home this month! We are excited to have them back. And I think they are ready to come home. My Dad fell a few weeks ago hurting his foot and my mom worked herself into a week-long headache last week. So they are ready to come home and relax and of course resume baby-sitting duties!;)

A close second place arrival in March:

These are a close second to the birth of a nephew and the return of my parents because although I haven't seen my parents in 18 months, it has been a full year since I have seen these beauties! It always brightens my day when my cute neighbor shows up on my porch with a bag full of these. And I almost always forget that I have ordered them. And don't worry I ordered even more from another friend's daughter and they will be making their arrival around the middle of March. Of course I have to hide them from my children not because I don't intend to share them but because they come in like a swarm of termites and do this to a full box in 5 minutes flat!

I already have a special stash of Samoas in my bedroom for just Eric and I.
Isn't March grand?!?

12 comments:

Liz said...

All Hail the Girl Scout Cookie! We were out of town when they came around last year. My mother in law was staying at our house and sent them away when they came. I about died when I found out. Never get on the black list of the Girl Scouts.

Any idea on whether you are coming? Kj's coming! We would love to see you there!

amberjill said...

I think Spring hates me! Tim Tams on sale, Girl Scout Cookies are out, and, and, I had another reason, but I can't remember it. Anyway, bring on the fat. I need to fatten up for next winter, right??

Congrats on baby Charlie. What a cutie...in a manly, old man sort of way! ;)

amberjill said...

oh yeah, Easter candy. Those dang cadbury cream eggs!

The Powells said...

Please tell Michelle Congratulations. I am really glad your parents are coming home, I know it's nice to be only a quick phone call away. On the girl scout cookies, please send that girl to my house. I miss you & hope I will see you at Baseball soon.

Liz said...

I have to say that this post made me smile...congrats on the baby and I'll be looking for the "cloud cousins", congrats to your parents, and most important, save a cookie for me:)

Anonymous said...

Charlie is a great arrival:) I have to say to all those who think I am being rude about my own child... I am just saying you couldn't put a dress on him and think he is a girl, he's not that pretty. But, pretty darn cute. And, bonus, when the girl scout cookies show up to your house because Jeremy ordered them!! Here I was thinking I had missed out:)

Stacey said...

Ah, my favorite Girl Scout cookie memory involves you, Kari! Remember when I was trying to take a nap on the couch and I could see a little kid approaching our door? I was angry because usually kids came to our apartments, guilting me into buying something I completely didn't need. But when I opened the door and a girl was offering cookies, I looked back at you and said, "That's TOTALLY different!" Yes, March is a wonderful time of year!

I REALLY hope you can make it for the girl party in April!

Janet said...

congratulations on all the wonderful march arrivals! send those girl scouts my way. so glad you found my blog, even if it was because scott turned me in for blog stalking. i love your writing.

Julie said...

WHY DONT I KNOW ANY GIRL SCOUTS. I WANT SOME SAMOA'S. I THOUGHT YOU WERE MY FRIEND.

Sarah said...

Congratulations on being an aunt! I'm glad all went well for Michelle and they came up with a name. My older sister has 4 boys and they had a hard time coming up with a 4th boy name.

I'm also excited your parents are coming home this month!

And I have to admit, Samoas are my favorite too. Mmmmm.

SevenVillageIdiarts said...

I have to admit, I have a big box of girl scout cookies under my bed that I eat late at night. In bed, and without Damian OR the kids knowing.

Monica said...

i just bought some girl scout cookies the other day and they are almost gone! i sure hope some girl scouts come to our house so i can buy some more. It was good to see your parents again they look great!