Friday, September 26, 2008

Meet the newest member of our family.

Contrary to what the title of this post might imply, I'm NOT pregnant and we are not adopting. But we have made an addition to our family and it has caused a greater stir with members of the opposite sex than if I truly did have another child. Meet Eric's newest hobby:

Assuming most of you who read this post are female like myself- you are thinking, "Oh, a truck." But oh no this isn't just any truck- its a 1964 Chevrolet truck that has been restored and it is catching the eye of garbage collectors and tattooed men everywhere. I've been told this is an investment and that Finn will drive it when he is old enough- assuming refined oil is still around in 7 years. Eric bought this truck on Monday and I have already been stopped several times about it and I haven't even driven it yet- Eric tells me he has to teach me how to drive it. But I have decided if I was single, this would definitely be the car to drive to attract men - especially if I was into the kind who sport barbed wire tatts and don't mind manual labor. The best time I was stopped was when I was walking outside to go get Katie from preschool. The garbage man was dumping my cans and stopped his truck to ask me about it. Apparently he had made an offer on it awhile ago, but it was too low. Now I guess he can admire it every Wednesday as he drives by. With all this attention I have decided that this baby needs a name. I have narrowed it down to a few selections, but I need your help to pick one.

1.- Eula May- I had a math professor in college with this name who was from Kentucky. I could totally see her driving this truck.

2.- Cooter- This is a shout out to the "Dukes of Hazzard" or the "Chasing Boys" as my brothers use to call them. To me this truck screams Bo and Luke Duke, but it just don't feel right to steal "General Lee."

3.- Leland- As in "Leland, get back in your cell. Don't make me get da hose." Ooops- I think a bit of my Southern roots are showing!

4.- Ruby- Don't she just shine like a ruby!

Well ,those are your choices so leave me a comment with your vote. And feel free to write in other options. If you need to- use the picture to help you be inspired.

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

As much as I want to say Leland- just cause I laugh at that saying EVERY time, I have to say Cooter. It reminds me of my childhood way too much not use a "chasing boys" name.

Finn said...

I think it should be Big Earl.

Stacey said...

"Just them good old boys. Never meanin' no harm..." Cooter. Definitely.

amberjill said...

I'm going with Eula May, cause then Finn can always change it up to a compliment, You da Man!! :) And you are totally a great friend, just a little self absorbed! hahaha jk I still love you!

Jennifer Never said...

Ok...If I didn't already have a vacation planned in 2 weeks, I would dump my kids in a heartbeat and be there for your birthdays!! That ticket is for me!! Maybe you could take a zuchennie instead! I love ya! My vote would have to be Ruby.

Sestra Robbins said...

Oh my....how can you go wrong with any of those illustrious names, but RUBY just seem to fit!!

Natalie said...

How bout Skipper, Budd, or Cleatus? Either of those names would be very fitting and since Finn is the one to be driving the car, Cleatus may be the best name.

Kelly said...

That is totally the kind of truck you see at the car shows we go to! And they surprisingly aren't all driven by tattooed mechanics. My vote is Ruby!

Julie said...

Cooter it is, All The Way. I won't let my daughter get taken to the prom in anythin less OR more. Trent would LOVE that truck!!

Julie said...

AND in Eric's defense, I like it.

SevenVillageIdiarts said...

How about Cooter Tattoo? Sort of like a truck with a middle name. Then, if Finn ever wants to GET a tattoo, to go with his truck, you can remind him that the ONLY Tatoo he'll ever get is COOTER TATTOO!

youreprettytoo said...

Julie- I never said I didn't like it. I think it is pretty cool myself, I just think it is funny all the attention it draws from other guys. We'll have it all shined up pretty for when Jaxynn and Finn go to Prom in 7 years!

Kamille said...

I'm going with cooter. Love the post.

Tebbs Times said...

Love all the names...We were just at the little car show in Riverton a couple of weeks ago. Maybe we will see you at one soon:) My boys, husband included are HUGE car/truck fans. I am going to have to go with the name BIG RED!!!

Liz said...

Oh man....my condolences. However, Cooter is pretty cute. It sounds like something Bill would do. Enjoy!

Amber said...

Ruby, Ruby, Ruby! What a sweet looking truck. Besides Finn driving it in 7 years, what do you plan on doing with it? I hope you don't get even more requests from people to help them move :)

SevenVillageIdiarts said...

I really regret not calling when I was in UT . . . I was at Women's Conf. and told my mom, I BET KARI IS HERE and I could have sat with her!! NEXT TIME!! We usually come out once a year, so I'll be sure and call next time! Love you, s

Allison said...

I'm thinking Clifford--its kind of a Dukes name but also draws in the color (i.e. the big red dog). She's a real beaut.