Thursday, April 10, 2008

Book Tag

I've been tagged by Julie and this one is a bit different- a Book Tag. Here are the rules:
1. Pick up the nearest book (at least 123 pages.)
2. Turn to page 123
3. Find the 5th sentence.
4. Post the 5th sentence on your blog.
5. tag 5 people.

The closest book I have to me is "These is my words" by Nancy E. Turner. I have been reading it for Book Club. I was hoping to find a really profound sentence but unfortunately this is what I found:
"Jimmy went to town."

That sentence does not do the book justice. I really like this book. It is just the kind of book I enjoy. It takes a little while to get into and to become attached to the characters, but once you do it is awesome. You have to put in a bit of work to get rewarded. Kind of like a monkey opening a coconut. Where did that analogy come from?!? Anyway here is another quote from the book that really does do the book justice:
"Taking up marriage is a good excuse for taking up cursing, I think."

People tagged:- Michelle, Natalie and J.J., Finn and Amber, Kate and Amy

10 comments:

amberjill said...

I definitely like the 2nd quote the best! I always tell Walter that the kids learned dangit from him! If they learned it from me they'd be a lot better at it, and in a lot more trouble! hahaha I'm still waiting for you to fall in love with Twilight. You will be rewarded for all your hard work! :)

Kelly said...

The monkey and the coconut analogy was perfect! I feel that way about a lot of books that I've struggled with at first but in the end am so glad I stuck with it. I can't believe no one brought up that second quote last night! I totally forgot about it!

Julie said...

I love the cursing quote. But I am pretty sure you started cursing before you got married. Thats just a guess since I didn't know you then. But I would have to say your pretty good at it now. YOu even do it with CLASS.

Julie said...

I just noticed that you posted 2 times in 4 days. That my dear is a record. I love it!

Anonymous said...

so many tags- so little time!!

Unknown said...

I'm so flattered you tagged me! Every book I own is packed but I promise to participate once I unpack a few books!

Amber said...

I think your quote about marriage and cursing is dang funny. In our case, it should include something about now having to do home projects such as installing shelves and sinks-poor Finn. The only times I've heard him swear is when these projects don't go as planned :)

Crissy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Crissy said...

Ok, so I didn't check my spelling before posting and I was embarrassed, so that is why I deleted it. SORRY! What I said was, what I love most about your blog, besides your wonderful sense of humor, is your music selections! Does it get any better than Jesse's Girl? I miss you and would love to have an outing! XOXO

Anonymous said...

Missy, I have checked like 10 times for the leash post. C'mon entertain me, I'm waiting...