Sunday, October 31, 2010

When the cats are away the mice will play.

Eric and Finn have been away on a "luxury" hunt over Halloween weekend, so we girls decided to "live it up" while they were gone... well as much as you can "live it up" with three little girls on Halloween anyway. I know my posts tend to be a little wordy, so this week it will mostly be a photo essay of all the activities we did. Here's what "partying" looks like for us:

Singing witchy songs

Walking in Halloween parades and playing "spooky" games like Halloween Bingo and Halloween musical chairs.



Going to the annual "Spooks" Party where we look like the catering/clean-up crew. And if you don't get our costumes, you have to check out this
Lunch Lady Link. You will be amazed how right we got this costume!

Enjoying the party hosted by this handsome couple More of the spooks Going to see the Witches at Gardner Village with friends Going trick or treating Eating ourselves into a candy stupor Painting our "witchy" fingersHaving a Halloween feast that includes:
a Mummy wrap
Dracula Bites Witch Wands -
incidentally my new culinary nemisis is caramel. Between
trying to make homemade caramel dip for Dracula's mouths and melting caramels for the Witch wands, caramel is getting the best of my cooking skills. I just can't seem to get it the right consistency. I think I am cooking it too long, because it is turning out way too hard. Ohh- that drives me crazy! "Bones" bread

Our "Witches Brew"

Here are some of the "witches" who enjoyed our Halloween feast and helped cap off our weekend of partying!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Wait a second, is your mom being Michelle for Halloween? Isn't that one of her old dance dresses? That's awesome.

And I'm impressed by all your real halloween food. Looks delicious.

Anonymous said...

yes stephanie she is being me. And by the way I was TINY!! Too bad I thought I was fat- I'd like to be that fat again:) And, Missy, I'm thinking to myself- so that's what Corinda looks like! Nothing like what she looks like in my head, btw!! I am impressed by the food. Really sucks to be your older sister- stop it!

Julie said...

You stinker....call me when you have caramel whoes. I have a no fail recipe. Seriously...your food looks awesome!