Sunday, December 13, 2009

Katie's Christmastime Prayer

This prayer is in the same vein as Shel Silverstein's "Prayer of the Selfish Child" which if you are not familiar with goes like this:
Now I lay me down to sleep,
I pray the Lord my soul to keep,
And if I die before I wake,
I pray the Lord my toys to break.
So none of the other kids can use 'em...
Amen.

Here's Katie's extended version:
"Dear Heavenly Father,
Thank thee for our family. Please bless us to love each other. Please bless us to be nice to each other. Please bless grandpa and grandma on a mission. Please bless that I will like Finn's present. Please bless that Annie will like my present. Please bless that Suzie will like Annie's present. Please bless that Finn will like Suzie's present. Please bless that Suzie will like Annie's second present. Please bless that Mom will like Finn's present. Please bless that Dad will like Finn's present. Please bless that Mom will like Annie's present. Please bless that Dad will like Annie's present. Please bless that I will like all my presents. In the name of... Oh wait- Please bless that we will be watched over and b-tected (protected). Please bless that we won't have any scary nightmares.
Amen."

Last week our school had a "Santa Shop" they could buy presents from for their friends and families. So we discussed who was giving to who in our family this week multiple times. In case you didn't catch it from her altruistic prayer:
Finn is giving to Katie
Annie is giving to Suzie
Katie is giving to Annie
Suzie is giving to Finn.

6 comments:

Michael said...

Oh my Katie-bug!!! She didn't leave anyone unprayed for. Love her!!

Lori said...

Everyone loves Katie and this is just another reason to!

Anonymous said...

Mom once wrote down a prayer that I said, "bless my toys over at John's house and that he won't touch them:)". Katie is a little mom in training, she just wants everyone to have a great christmas:)

Julie said...

She is Awesome!

Liz said...

Katie makes me laugh...and you make me laugh that you thought to right this down. It reminds me of Melissa's prayer that ended with a THE END instead of AMEN.

Natalie said...

So funny. How I love my IttyBit. I can just hear her rattling off all those names.