Thursday, May 22, 2008

"We've been accepted into the neighborhood!"


Well- actually we've lived in our neighborhood for over 5 years and if they haven't accepted us by now that's too bad and its wasn't my neighbors who did this-well to be accurate it was one of my neighbors and her crazy posse. But that is what my grandpa said years ago when his family got toilet-papered. So when I woke up this morning to my kids cries of disgust over our newly remodeled front yard, I knew we were a loved family. Toilet-papering is a completely foreign idea to my kids and they just couldn't understand why someone would do this. I tried to reassure them that it was okay and that it was my friends who did this. But this backfired on me when Annie went out to inspect their work and I told her to start cleaning it up. She retorted back, "They're your friends, you should clean it up." Well isn't that a big dose of your own motherly medicine given a bit too early in the morning! You may be wondering what weird friends I have that would do this to show love. You'll have to visit Julie's blog to get the full details and to see the culprits in action. But in their defense I was invited on this excursion and when I wooseed out because I was too tired, I knew full well that I was a prime target. I even had a dream that my yard was toilet papered and they had put all the neighbors' garbage cans in my driveway. Now that would have been a good idea. Its no wonder they wanted me to come with them! :) Here's more pictures from my fun morning surprise!





Did I mention it rained last night? Nice! Next time you guys want to show me you love me- why don't you just come in my house and dump out all the cookies and crackers out of my cupboard and then step on them. That's what Suzie does to show her affection for me. Plus it would have been easier to clean up!

6 comments:

amberjill said...

that was awesome!! you have some wonderful friends! A girl can only dream of being so loved! :) Good Luck with the clean up! SUCKS TO BE YOU!! LOL

Julie said...

Have I ever told you I love you!! Cuz I do, and maybe its just cuz you are so funny! We missed you. But thanks to your sleepy head we had our first target. Your the best! Tell Eric I could come TP his work so that he can have a turn cleaning up.

Kelly T, that's me! said...

Welcome to Murray, I guess?!

Sestra Robbins said...

I'm backing Annie this time!!!

Thelissa said...

Ah ha ha! Love it. Annie cracks me up too!

Kate said...

Annie's comment was awesome!!! Where did she learn that one from! ha ha.