Sunday, July 21, 2013

The strange world of 14 year old boys and the difference between my girls.


So this was the scene on our trampoline recently- Finn and a neighbor kid wrestling on our tramp with another kid looking on.  They were locked in the pose on the bottom picture for a good 10 minutes.  Annie was walking back and forth through the backyard getting stuff and when she came back in she said, "Finn and Kalian look like they are hugging." Pause "They have been like that for forever." Pause "I don't think anyone is going to win."  The whole thing really baffled both Annie and I but I'm assuming it is pretty normal behavior for 14 year old boys to act like bear cubs.  I know it is nothing to worry about but it does cause some problems when Finn tries to do these moves on his sisters!
And speaking of his sisters- I recently had an experience with Katie and Suzie that concisely shows one of the main differences between these two girls.  I had gone out into our garden to get some basil for a salad I was making.  Suzie and Katie were both standing by the sink when I went to rinse it off.  Katie said, "What is that digusting smell?" While at the same time Suzie picked up one of the basil leaves, held it to her nose and said, "This smells awesome!  What is it?"  Suz is destined to work in food.  What 6 year old enjoys the smell of basil?!?

0 comments: