Sunday, February 12, 2012

Reincarnation might not be all that far-fetched!

If I didn't have a firm belief about where we came from and where we are going, I might be persuaded to believe in reincarnation. The reason why is because sometimes my kids do and say things that I have no idea where they got them from. For example when Katie was just a baby and still nursing, she would wake up from her naps and say "nay, nay". I thought this was just the cute, endearing babble of a baby. But then I was telling this story to my friend Julie- who at the time had just come back from living in Taiwan for three years- and she told me "nay, nay" was chinese for boob! So maybe Katie had lived in China during another lifetime and was asking for a feeding in her native tongue!
Then tonight we were sitting down for dinner. We were sitting at our kitchen table, which we haven't sat down at in awhile- we usually just sit at the counter. As we were all gathering at the table, Suzie remarks, "Well we haven't had a proper sit in a long time."
Proper sit?- Really, who says that? Especially a 5 year old! I asked Suzie where she got that from and she said, "From my head!" So maybe Suzie's previous life was across the pond!

3 comments:

Julie said...

So you have a Chinese girl and a Brit. I wonder where the other two came from? Lets figure it out.

The Hill Family said...

Still laughing:) Let me know when you figure out the other two.

SevenVillageIdiarts said...

Hey Hot Stuff! I have missed you! I happened to go on my blog tonight, so I could leave a comment on a teaching blog (I'm working as a kindergarten aide this year and was looking for some reading group ideas) ANYHOW. . . I thought. . .wonder what Kari is up to?! And I was pleasantly surprised, of course! Read all the way down to the ugly sweater contest. Love you girl! xoxo