Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Sometimes I think I am so funny.

Even though our household bleeds "UTAH RED" most of the year, this Saturday is the one time I have to go against the "party line" and cheer for the BYU Cougs. This is much to my husband's chagrin, but I'm pretty sure it is in the fine print of my degree from BYU. Incidentally it is also a clause in the Honor Code-right next to the paragraph about how long your shorts can be.
Last year I got invited to the BYU- Utah tailgate party and it caused quite a fashion dilemma for me. The game was at the U of U and we were smack dab in the middle of campus. I didn't want to wear red because I wasn't cheering for the Utes. But I didn't want to wear blue either because let's face it -Ute fans can be mean. I didn't want the "3rd quarter crazy lady" to get me. For those who aren't familiar with Ute football cheering practices... there is a 50 something "crazy lady" who gets up at the end of the 3rd quarter and shakes her thang in time with the band. The "Muss"- the student section of the Utes stadium- goes wild when she does this. Although fun and a bit gimmicky, I have found that a lady who is willing to do this would have no problem kicking my trash if she saw me wearing BYU blue while tapping my toes to "I am a Utah man, sir, and I live across the green" during the pre-game pep rally. So I wimped out and just wore green with a denim jacket over it. I felt like a traitor to my alma mater and felt I had to do something. So being a bit gimmicky myself this is what I came up with to wear while I am sitting in the Utes section of the Lavell Edwards Stadium at the BYU-UTAH game on Saturday afternoon.
FRONT:


BACK:

I think it shows an appropriate amount of support for both UTAH and BYU. I have a fine line to walk, you know. I do have to remember where my bread is buttered... from a HUGE Ute fan's bank account!

8 comments:

Thelissa said...

K, so how did you make your own words for the t-shirt? Some kind of Iron on? Fill me in.

amberjill said...

you made your shirt! I love it!! You ARE so funny. Um, today is the 24th, which means I'll totally be in Utah in 30 days! woo hoo!!

Mandy said...

I love the shirt. I grew up in a totally BYU family and married into a total UTE family. I understand your dilema. I think you should copyright that shirt because I see it being a big hit.
Have a great time! GO B Y UTES!!!

Julie said...

I like that....Go B Y Utes!!! I think you are funny.

Michael said...

Yes, you are FUNNY! Make one for me too.

The Powells said...

I love the shirt!

Lori said...

Way to be "politically correct"! Next time come sit with the Y fans and my big boys will protect you!

SevenVillageIdiarts said...

It's perfect. You're a genius.